Cutting Through the Fog

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Cutting Through the Fog

Post  Ayami on Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:02 pm

Natsuki was met by Kashikoi in the hallway. With tea. The scent made her mouth water. She hadn't had quality tea in a while. Hopefully this tea tasted as good as it smelled.

"Thank you very much, Kashikoi." Natsuki said taking the cup. Then she heard a slight rattle and looked up to see Kashikoi looking at her. Hadn't she got everything on her face clean? Not really sure what to say she simply took a sip of the tea...and felt her tastebuds dance in excitement. She didn't know how to explain the tastes running across her dazzled tongue.

"This is amazing! What's in it?" Natsuki asked, stunned.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawky on Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:39 pm

They had been flying for quite a while each carrying a letter addressed to the current Hokage of the village and one person nearby they had been sent here from a village long lost a village called the village sealed in the past it had been almost 1000 years since they were even heard of. Gliding threw the wind they came closer a moderate sized black falcon and a rather small white falcon flew side by side. Each clutching a letter in their mouth the smaller one the letter was almost as big as it and this had slowed them down since they were supposed to arrive by morning. A few moments later they approached the building circling it a few times they saw two shadows and went into a window nearby. Tapping the top with their beaks before they entered they landed inside on the window sill waiting for the two to see them.

It read in very fine handwriting as if it had been written many times before until each letter was perfect in gold ink

To the reader,

You are invited to the grand reopening of The Village Sealed in The Past. All those who attend will be rewarded greatly. We hope to see you there!

As far as our location, you will have to use this to find us:

We are equally distanced from all the other villages. Strange animals walk the area nearby us.
Hawky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:17 pm

Kashikoi shook his head, putting his finger to his lips. "Only people in my family may know the recipe. I hope that I will have the privilege to teach it to you." He was about to say more when there was a tapping at the window. Two hawks were holding a letter in their beaks. He read the letter, curiosity getting the better of him. He gave the birds a thumbs-up sign in order to let them know that that he read it. "What do you think of that Natsuki?"
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://shadow-shinobi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:37 pm

Natsuki looked up at the sound at the window as Kashikoi did. Two falcons (or hawks) sat with letters in their beaks. Kashikoi grabbed one and read it, looking to Natsuki when he was done. After he asked his question, she grabbed the other letter which she assumed was for her since the birds did not leave. Opening and reading it, a surprised look ran across her face. The Village Sealed in the Past? She had only heard stories from her mother when she was young.

"My thoughts? I want to know if this is a scam or not. The Village Sealed in the Past is very old and no one has been able to find it. It would be interesting to check out though." Natsuki answered, re-reading the letter carefully.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:56 pm

Kashikoi thought for a moment, "I don't think someone would go to all this trouble for a scam, but I wouldn't worry about it too much for now. I don't think its starting right now. Why don't we pretend this never happened and figure this out tomorrow? Its been far to nice of an evening to get into something like this." He turned back to Natsuki, hoping that she would agree to this. He wanted to enjoy a cup of tea with her.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:08 am

"Tomorrow sounds like a good plan. I've been travelling all day." Natsuki agreed. Besides, why worry about something when you can't do anything about it, not at the time at least. Now all she wanted to do was sit down and get to know this man standing before her. Kashikoi and she had some things in common, maybe they had more than just what they had already gone over.

"Do you want to sit down and drink our tea?" She asked.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:20 am

"Yes, I would love too!" He took a seat on a nearby sofa. He patted a spot next to him. "Come join me." He was glad that she had agreed to this. They needed to get to know each other better. Taking a sip of his tea, waited a moment to see if Naruski had anything in particular that she wanted to say.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:29 am

The white haired woman was smiling at Kashikoi's enthusiasm as she sat down beside him on the sofa. She knew that they needed to get to know each other before anything serious happened between them, but she felt as if she knew him already. However, she didn't want to rush a relationship. Both people were waiting for the other to speak, but Natsuki had no idea what to say. Sipping her tea, she racked her brains as to what she could aske.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:38 am

A slightly nervous laugh escaped Kashikoi. "Due to inability to think of anything, I'm just gonna start with something random. Do you have any goals?" He didn't think that was half bad. It was certainly something important to know about ones partner. Why not find out now? Goals could have a major affect on these things. He was pretty sure that she wasn't going to say anything thats totally radical.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:46 am

Natsuki had to think for a minute. She had never been asked that question before so it was hard to think about it. Finally she came up with something that she thought was a half-way decent answer.

"I just want to be the best person I can be. I want to help others when they need it. It's not much, but it keeps me going." Natsuki said quietly. Now it was her turn for a question. But what would she ask? She really had no clue.

"What was your childhood like?" Natsuki finaly said, hoping she didn't drag up any bad memories.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:58 am

Kashikoi admired Natsuki for her goals. "It was relatively normal. My sister and I were unusually close...until she was killed. As far as my training, I really only trained in Taijutsu. I'm a master of almost every form of Taijutsu. I can do a little Ninjutsu, but now much. What was yours like?" It seemed like a fair question, he just hoped that it wasn't anything too negative.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:09 am

Now it was her turn. She didn't really remember much but she would be honest with Kashikoi.

"Well, my dad was killed when I was 8 and my mom was killed when I was 9. After that I went to live with my mom's sister. When I was younger my mom taught me some ways of the ninja, but I mainly understood hand-to-hand fighting. When I turned 18 I left my village and just started wandering. I have been ever since." Natsuki said, thinking back to her family life. Her family had been nice but she had always found it lacking in someway. Maybe it was because she hadn't actually been an actual daughter of the family. Who knew? Now, time for another question.

"Was it a choice to choose to study mainly Taijutsu?"
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:18 am

Kashikoi felt bad for Natuski. She seemed to have had a bit of a crazy and sad childhood, but at least it didn't seem to affect her too much now. Her next question surprised him slightly. "Yes but it was the most logical choice. I have a doujutsu(eye technique and kekkei genkai) that allows me to copy any form of Taijutsu I see. I never forget or fail to do it. I had always found Taijutsu to be more interesting anyway. If I remember correctly, only two others in my clan were born with the doujutsu. Neither of them utilized the gift. I'm the first, and probably the last, to use it."
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:10 pm

"Why would you be the last?" Natsuki asked curiously. If he had children who was to say that said children wouldn't inherit his gifts? Any children he had would be gifted, but to inherit an impressice Kekkei Genkai like his would be even more powerful. While on the subject, she thought about herself. She didn't have anything special. She was good at hand-to-hand combat and close quarter combat with swords and such, but nothing major in the ninja section. She could do a few fire jutsus and she new different poisons like the back of her hand. But nothing like Kashikoi. Maybe that was one of the reasons she was drawn to him. They would figure it all out...eventually.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:42 pm

Kashikoi shrugged, "I don't really know. My clan just seems to have a history of ignoring their gifts. I wanted to change my clan's reputation; to make a change in our lives. It seems to me that I achieved my goal, but now I have to live up to it. Its not always the easiest thing to do, but I manage. What about you? Whats your training?" He wasn't really bothered about her training, he was just curious to know. Sometimes people feared you for your abilities. Kashikoi hoped Natsuki would not end up the same way.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:29 pm

Natsuki nodded in understanding. People did that. But why have a gift and not use it? Then she was asked of her training.

"My mom taught me all she could in the time she was still alive. I can do basic fire ninjutsu. I'm good with hand-to-hand combat, close quarter fighting with weapons, some distance fighting and poison. When my mom was murdered, I was nine years old. So, nothing too extensive. I got a little training when I went to live with my aunt and her family, but I was always busy helping them out. It left little time to train." She explained. For what she had been given, Natsuki believed that she had fared well. She could protect herself, and others. That meant something...right?
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:50 pm

Kashikoi listened intently, "Poisons huh? You'll have to teach me about those. I could teach you some things too if you want. Anyway, what are your favorites? Like color, food, you know...that stuff." It was a lame question, but he felt that it was something that was worth knowing. It wasn't all that bad was it? Maybe she would enjoy the question. Now he knew he would have to think about his too though because she would probably ask him the same question. He began to go through his stuff, preparing to answer the question that he was convinced would be asked.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:11 pm

"Maybe I will, maybe I won't. A girl is nothing without her secrets! As for my favorites I like the color blue. My favorite food is lasagna. I love to be outside at night to look at the stars and moon. Um...I can't really think of anything else right now. So...you're turn...but that's what you think I'm going to say. Tell me about your late-wife. She sounds like she was an amazing woman." Natsuki hoped she wasn't touching on a sore subject. But she was interested to learn about Kashikoi's past life and if that included his late-wife, so be it.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:26 pm

Kashikoi raised an eyebrow. He didn't particularly like the idea that she wouldn't tell him about the poisons. It was a little unnerving. There was a slightly visible change. The only thing that marked his discomfort was a slight shift in his position.

Natsuki's next question surprised him. She was right, he had been expecting her to ask. The memory of his late-wife brought both a happiness and a sadness to his character. "She certainly was. We had been friends for many years before we were married. It was such a funny thing, the way we just suddenly fell in love. She was beautiful. In fact, she looked a lot like you. We weren't really the sort to be 'mad' with love. That doesn't mean that I didn't love her, but she was my best friend. I could talk to her about anything. It seemed so right for us to marry. Those were happy years, but they were short." It was clear that Kashikoi still missed her some.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:09 am

Natsuki could tell that Kashikoi was a little uncertain about her and her poisons. She guessed that he didn't catch her underlying teasing.

As she listened to the explanation of Kashikoi's late-wife. She could tell that he had really loved the other woman. That didn't bother her. It was the fact that evidentially she looked like the other woman. Natsuki didn't really know what to think about that so she kept her face carefully blank.

When he finished, Natsuki leaned into him and put her mouth by his ear to whisper,

"I bet you miss her a lot. You guys must've had a lot of fun, too," then her voice got a little quieter, "by the way, I was just kidding. Of course, I'll tell you my poison secrets!" And with that she pecked him on the cheek and dashed off the couch and down the halle before crouching in a dark corner, hardly daring to breath.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:26 am

Kashikoi smiled sheepishly as Natsuki whispered to him. The peck on the cheek didn't help much either. He was a little surprised when she dashed off, but he was able to figure out that he was a game. He began to count out loud, "1. 2. 3. 4. 5...10...20....30. Ready or not here I come!" He turned it into a game of hide and seek. He began a fake search of the living room, turning over pillows and looking under the sofas. It looked totally ridiculous, but he didn't care. He walked down the wrong hall, went around a corner, and slowly walked up the new hall. He was coming up right behind Natsuki. He was just able to make out her figure, but he waited silently for several minutes. She couldn't have heard him. Then he moved right behind her, leaned over her shoulder, and whispered, "I found you."
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:38 am

The crouching shape jumped when Kashikoi came up behind her. She hadn't seen the whole house yet and so didn't expect him to pop up behind her. Natsuki turned her body slightly to face his as she slid her arms around his neck.

"You know you cheated, right? You can't just skip numbers, silly!" She said in a light, joking tone. She didn't know what had possessed her {Ooc: i did! i was the one who made her do it! MUWHAHAHA...sorry moving on...} to start a game, but she guess that she had had enough of a sad memento-filled night.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:48 am

"I couldn't wait that long to see you again, so I figured I would speed things up a little." Then he darted off deep into the house. He was going to make it hard for her. "You'll have to find me now!" he called shortly after he ran off. Once he was a safe distance away, he found a way to climb up to the rafters. Then he waited there, holding himself with his arms and legs. His back was pressed against the ceiling and he dare not breath. There wasn't really any lighting where he was.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:16 pm

Natsuki laughed. Then he took off. Grumbling, Natsuki rose gracefully and started in the first direction that Kashikoi had taken. He wanted to see her sooner? Oh really...

"Well, why don't you come out of hiding to see me? You have a very unfair advantage over me, you know. Come out, come out wherever you are!" Natsuki called, standing beneath the rafters that Kashikoi was hanging onto. of course, she didn't know that he was above her. Natsuki had gone through the kitchen and a bunch of other rooms, only to not find Kashikoi. She was now starting to get frustrated as she stood in that hallway, trying to fine the Mizukage.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:31 pm

Kashikoi had to force himself not to laugh. "Try looking up." he said. A moment later he dropped down in front of her. "Well thats enough of that. I can't wait all night for you to find me." He stood there looking at Natsuki. He didn't feel like saying much at the moment.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next