Cutting Through the Fog

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Cutting Through the Fog

Post  Dustfinger on Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:41 pm

Kashikoi watched Natsuki as she began to eat. A small smirk crossed his face momentarily as her eyes fluttered. Then he began to eat his own food. He took it slow, not eating fast by any stretch of the imagination. He took the time to get the flavor of all the food he ate.

Natsuki seemed to be awfully nervous about what she was doing. She kept glancing around at those around her. Maybe a private place would have been better. I'll just have to remember that for next time. No one was paying them any attention though. They all respectfully avoided looking at him. At least that was one advantage to his position.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://shadow-shinobi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:57 pm

Natsuki was half-way done with her plate when she realized how fast she was scarfing the food down. Inwardly sighing she slowed her pace. But it was soo good!! But she was a guest and possibly making a specticle of herself in the prescence of the Mizukage.

Their conversation had gone silent when the food had entered the picture and now she was looking for a way to start it up once more. Going out to eat was no fun if you didn't talk. But now she couldn't think of anything to say. Finally she breached the subject that would be most helpful for her, at the moment anyway.

"This is a nice village. Seems like it would be a great place to live." Natsuki said, trying to keep her statements nuetral. She still wasn't 100% positive if she would stay.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:07 am

Kashikoi scolded himself for totally dropping the conversation. It was impolite to do such a thing. "It is a nice village. I would never leave it. I have so many memories here. Both good and bad. You would be more than welcome to stay if you so desired. Although it might be some time before you truly earn the trust of the village." He was still eating, but waited till he finished speaking. It would not do to speak with food in his mouth.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:20 am

"Well, it's a good thing that you would never leave the village considering you are the Mizukage," Natsuki chuckled slightly before taking another bite of her meal, "I don't know how long I would stay but it does seem like a good place to settle down. Maybe seeing more of the place would help but I only arrived right before we met so...not much opportunity for sight-seeing."

Natsuki was about to eat another bite of her beef when she realized her plate was empty now. WHile she had slowed down her dangerously fast intake of food, evidantially she was still a fast eater. Setting down her fork, she lightly wiped her mouth and patted her stomach beneath the table. Nice and full.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:37 am

Kashikoi laughed with Natsuki. "Yes it would be bad if I left. As for sight seeing, you don't do much of that when you've lived here for all your life. Its all part of everyday life, but the people are nice enough." He finally finished eating and payed for the meal. "Shall we be off then or would you look something else?" He wondered if he ought to just have her stay with him. He had plenty of bed chambers. He doubted that anyone would think badly of him. It wasn't unusual for him to have a guest there and nothing ever happened.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:45 am

Talking about living in a village and having the 'sights' with you everyday, Natsuki thought of her former village. That was how she had felt in the Village Hidden in the Leaves. As Kashikoi spoke she leaned back in her chair.

"I'm quite content, Kashikoi. I don't need anymore. We can go and thank you again for the meal." Natsuki said, gratful to the Mizukage. Now if only she could find a good place to stay for a while...for free. That thought was laughable. Nothing was free, ever. But she put that issue aside for now as she waited for Kashikoi to stand and lead the way...to wherever he was taking her next.

Last edited by Ayami on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:51 am

Kashikoi rose from his chair, walked over to Natsuki, pulled out her chair, and gave her his hand to help her up. "I'll tell you what. Why don't you stay at my place? There are plenty of extra rooms. That way you wouldn't have to pay for a place to stay and we wouldn't have to go searching for a room for you. It works out best for the two of us." He hoped she would accept his offer without thinking that he was intending to 'use' her. That was not his intention at all. Kashikoi was a lot of things, but he was not dishonorable.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:06 am

As the Mizukage rose and helped her out of her chair, Natsuki came to realize she was starting to get used to the gentlemanly treatment. Not knowing whether that was a good thing or not, Natsuki took Kashikoi's hand and stood. As she turned to head for the door she stopped and looked back. Was Kashikoi really offering her a place to stay at his own house!?

That would be great. She just hoped no one thought less of her for accepting the offer. Of course she thought it was too much but the Mizukage argued some good points.

"Alright, I will stay with you. But I can't just take all of this. I need to pay you back some how. Dinner and helping me find a place to stay is one thing, but offering me your own home? It's just too much." Natsuki said, finally putting her foot down. Like she had said, he was offering her too much.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:13 am

Kashikoi decided to concede on this one. "Alright, I suppose we'll just have to find something for you to do. Let's go!" He lead her out of the restaurant, still holding her hand, and walked her down the street. The walk wasn't far. "You are welcome to pick your room." he said as they reached his home a few moments later. He chose to live in the center of town so that he was never too far from the people. At least she hadn't been taken aback by his friendliness.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:13 pm

Natsuki didn't have time to respond before she was led out of the restaurant by her hand and back into the village. The trip to the Mizukage's house was a short one but the house was magnificent. She could also see the strategic placing of the house. The center of town placed Kashikoi close to pretty much everything, excluding the outskirts of town, and therefore, close to any trouble that might arise. It was a good plan for any 'kage' to have.

"Thank you. But...how many rooms do you have?" Natsuki said, not realizing that her hand was still in Kashikoi's. The way Kashikoi said it sounded as if there were more than two or three. How big was this house? She knew that sometimes things looked bigger from the outside, but maybe this house was as big as it looked.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:57 pm

"I have plenty to hold a large number of guests. Its really to big for just me alone. I would much prefer a smaller home, but its not always bad to have this much space." He didn't know what else to say.

(Sorry, terribly short post.)
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:39 pm

Natsuki looked at the house a little skeptically. She had to choose a room from many? What if she just chose the first room she came to? That would be her master plan for the time being. Now if the first room was pink...that would be a different story...but she would wait to find out.

"Alright, sounds good. Lead the way, Kashikoi!" Natsuki said, unconciously gripping his hand tighter.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:57 pm

The sun was in the middle of setting and it appeared to be a brilliant orange that sparkled through the mist. The sunset alone was romantic enough, but the mist added a brilliance to it. It could almost be seen as foreshadowing; Kashikoi and Natsuki together would shine with a brilliance that only the beauty of nature could possibly imitate.

When Natsuki gripped his hand tighter, Kashikoi turned to look at her. He caught her gaze and was about to turn away when he suddenly became captivated. It was totally out of the blue. He had thought that he would never fall in love again after losing his wife; it was to dangerous for him to get close to someone. But he was drawn to Natsuki; her great beauty, her incredible kindness, and the strength that she seemed to exude was over-coming his determination to keep himself from loving anyone ever again. He found himself being drawn her to ever more as he held her gaze. A moment later he began to lean in close to her without even realizing it.

There was not another soul in site. The sun and moon were their only spectators. Stars were beginning to appear too, sparkling in the distance as their brilliant light began to speckle the sky. Soon the sun would be completely gone from sight and the stars and moon would be the majesty of the skies until the new day.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:41 am

Natsuki had been looking at Kashikoi with expectance. Expectance for everything...except being caught in his gaze. With the background of a beautiful sunset sky, Natsuki couldn't mover her eyes and she was lost in the moment. SHe had never thought of falling in love. Ever. The travelling woman wasn't in one place long enough to really establish a relationshop with anyone...and now here she was, grasping the hand of the Mizukage of the Village Hidden in the Mist, staring into his eyes.

Then Kashikoi suddenly leaned forward and Natsuki's body seemed to do the same on its own accord. They met in the middle and it was as if Natsuki's world exploded.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:06 am

The sun had finally disappeared. Now the stars and moon were shining down on the two new-found lovers with a brilliance that rivaled that of the sun. The cool night air added an almost mystical effect to the scene.

Kashikoi's lips met Natuski's in a small, short kiss. He pulled back slightly as he realized what had just happened, but he was not really shocked or upset. He gave Natsuki an innocent little smile. It had all happened so fast...and...yet it felt right. Kashikoi almost felt a sense of betrayal towards his late-wife, but he somehow knew that wherever she was...she was happy for him.

It was incredible how innocent love could be. All he had meant to do was show a kindness to a stranger and yet here he was; being polite one moment and then falling for her the next. His spirits too were brightening; almost as if his entire mood had changed. A new found strength pulsed through his veins and the depression that he usually felt was also slowly disappearing into the past; the greatest healer of all wounds.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:14 am

The kiss ended and Natsuki wished that it hadn't. She had never known this emotion, but she liked it. As both Kashikoi and Natsuki pulled away, Natsuki realized what had just happened. It had happened all of a sudden and she had just gone with it. Meeting Kashikoi's gaze, she blushed and gave a small smile back. She was happy but couldn't help but think it was going a little fast. Then again, maybe this is what her parents had felt. Her past suddenly came unlocked and she remebered her mother telling her of how her parents had had a 'love at first sight' kind of love. Maybe that's what this was too. Hopefully she wasn't wrong about this. She didn't know much about Kashikoi but he seemed like a nice guy. All she could hope fore was him to stay that way.

Natsuki didn't detach her hand from his. Why break the contact? His hand felt right in hers as they stood looking at each other in the moonlight.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:40 am

Kashikoi caught her blush as she smiled back. The moonlight gave her an almost goddess like appearance. He could have been lost in the moment for an eternity and not have known that a single second had passed by. Suddenly his hand moved to take her other hand. Then he decided to break the silence, "Well my lady, may I take you to your castle? Its getting far too late for a beautiful woman like you to be out here this night." he gave a quick wink and a mischievous smile. Kashikoi was beginning to believe in love at first sight.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:21 pm

Natsuki's blush deepened at Kashikoi's words. She had never had anyone say anything like that to her. It made her stomach do flips. But she was also happy. Kashikoi had been kind when she had entered this strange, new place. He grabbed her other hand and she gripped back, willing to take a leap of faith. Who was to say that love at first sight wasn't possible. She relaxed a bit as things quieted. Then he winked and sent her a playful smile. Deciding to abandon caution for the moment, she shot him a playful smile back and replied,

"Well, you might have to hold me closer. All this dark is starting to scare me." Her statement was completely false because she loved the dark and night, but to help the fun, why not give out a white lie or two?
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:37 pm

Kahikoi could tell that Natsuki was lying, but he didn't care. He pulled her in close and wrapped his arms around her, giving her another peck on the lips. "No one would dare harm you while I'm around." he whispered in her ear. He did not want to release her from his grasp and so he stayed there, looking into her eyes and smiling like an innocent child. Time seemed to come to a stand-still as he stood there. It had all happened so fast, so unexpected, but it felt good, it felt right! The night could have come and gone and Kashikoi would not have let go. He could afford to spend his time here. So little was happening in the village, he had little to worry about. Every piece of the puzzle had come together perfectly.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:35 pm

As she felt Kashikoi's arms wrap around her, Natsuki's own hands went around his waist and she looked up into his eyes. Her heart warmed at the thought of being with this man. He was kind and caring. And, when he said he would protect her, she felt a sense of completion that she had been missing. Natsuki had always looked out for herself, even when living with her mother's family. They had taken her in, but Natsuki had always felt detached. Now she might actually have a place to live instead of wondering all over looking for work. Of course if the need came for it she could take care of herself, but it would be nice to have some help.

"We'll watch over each other, Kashikoi." Natsuki whispered. While she did appreciate to know someone had her back, but she would watch his back too. If he was committed to her, even in this short of time, he would have to understand that she wasn't helpless. Of course he probably knew that already.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:50 pm

Yes. They would watch over each other. In a sudden burst of happiness, Kashikoi lifted Natsuki up and spun around, laughing as he did so. He set her back down a moment later. "Yes. We will protect each other. You and I together will survive in this world!" More time had passed then they realized. It was not getting late into the night. There was total silence in the village now and only the occasional light could be seen in the surrounding buildings. The night itself was clam and peaceful and it too was silent.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:08 pm

Natsuki felt her body leave the ground as Kashikoi lifted and spun her around. She laughed quietly before she was set back on the ground, where she swayed briefly. She was happy even if she was stinky, dirty and her clothes were ripped in random places. Travelling did not flatter her in any way. Natsuki gripped Kashikoi's shoulders and planted a kiss on his lips.

"Come on, let's go inside. It's getting a little chilly, isn't it?" Natsuki asked. She wasn't cold, but it served her purpose. She wanted to get inside.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:20 pm

Kashikoi nodded and led her into the house. They entered the main living room. It was decorated in a simple, but fashionable manner. Kashikoi preferred a modest life over a luxurious one. "I suppose you're going to want to bathe. Just down there is the bath room. Everything you need should be in there. You do have close with you right?" He pointed in the direction he was speaking of. His plan was to prepare some tea for the two of them while she was bathing. Sleep had skipped his mind, but Natuki might wish to get some rest. He would wait to hear what she said.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:43 pm

Natsuki was suddenly self-concious. She really did need to take a bath. She also had clothes, but they were essentially the same as what she wore. Only slightly better than the ones she wore now because the ones in the bag she carried were only worn when she wasn't travelling. SHe simply nodded to Kashikoi and detached her hands from his.

"I won't be long." She said to him, waving as she walked in the direction he had indicated. The decoration was simple but nice. In her opinion, fancy was over-doing everything.

Natsuki made it to the bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror, a little horrified. Dirt was smudged on her cheeks and her hair was slightly disheavled. The clothes she wore were ragged and old. Sighing, she stripped her clothes and threw them into a pile before turning on the water to let it warm up.

Kashikoi had been correct to say that everything she would need would be in the bathroom. A brush was run through her hair to try and straighten it before she stepped under the steady stream of warm water. As the water soaked into her skin, Natsuki washed herself and relaxed. The water felt so nice. Soon, however, she decided she needed to get out and meet Kashikoi.

Natsuki stepped from the shower and dried herself off before reaching in her bag and finding the best set of clothes she owned: a simple blue kimono with darker blue swirls all over it. Smoothing her hair back and putting it in a bun, she left the bathroom to meet with Kashikoi. She hoped that she looked alright.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:51 pm

The moment she was gone, Kashikoi set to work on the tea. It was a recipe that had been passed down through his family through many generations. Only members of the Serif family were allowed to know it. It smelled delicious, but it tasted even better. It was all he could to stop himself from gulping it down. He met Natsuki with the tea as she came out. "Would you like some tea madame? Its my families secret recipe. I hope you enjoy it." He held out the cup for her to take. The smell was making his mouth water.

Then he actually took a good look at her. He hadn't noticed how dirty she had been before, but now...now she was breathtaking. He nearly gasped and dropped the tea, but managed to silence himself and control his bodily movements.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next