Cutting Through the Fog

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Cutting Through the Fog

Post  Ayami on Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:05 pm

A tall, white haired figure walked through the Village Hidden in the Mist. As with the name, it was really misting. She could see, but barely. Sighing, Natsuki Tanaka swerved to find somewhere to sit. She didn't know why she had decided to come to this village. There probably wasn't anyone who needed a hired gaurd here. Spotting a wooden bench, Natsuki made a straigh-shot for it. Her feet ached and she was tired. Maybe it was time for her to rent a room and sleep. It had been almost 48 hours since she had slept last and her eyes were probably bloodshot.

Natsuki reached the bench ans gratefully sat. Her protesting feet quieted as she laid down on the bench. Who cared if people thought she was a bum. Her feet were going to feel better and maybe she would get some sleep. That would be a good thing.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cutting Through the Fog

Post  Dustfinger on Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:16 pm

A training are nearby Natsuki was getting a vigorous work-through by Kashikoi. He was training his Taijutsu as usual. His current element was wind. Every minute or two you would hear the snap of a broken training dummy. Kashikoi went through those things as if they were just invented. He was always sure to replenish the area's supply though. He did his best to treat his village the way they deserved and to protect them at all costs. That was why he went through such rigorous daily training; to ensure that he was strong enough to protect his village.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://shadow-shinobi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:29 pm

Natsuki was almost asleep when she heard a snap. She sat bolt upright on the bench and swiveled her head around as far as it would go on each side. Finally, she let out a breath. It was only someone practicing in one of the practice areas. What was she doing? Here she had almost fallen asleep on a random bench in a village she didn't really know. What if she had been attacked in her sleep. Natsuki shook her head and leaned against the back of the bench. She needed to find a room...and fast.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:34 pm

Sweat was dripping off Kashikoi's body as he exited the dojo. As he headed towards his home, he noticed a stranger sitting on a bench. Feeling that it was his duty to investigate the stranger, he immediately headed over to her. He bowed to the young woman. "I'm Kashikoi Serif, Mizukage. What business brings you to my village?" She was clearly exhausted and as soon as he had discovered her intentions he intended to find her a place to stay. He had forgotten about his currently sweaty appearance.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:42 pm

Natsuki tensed as someone came up to her. She hadn't realized how dull her senses were at the moment. Cursing herself, she forced a smile and her muscles to relax before bowing back to the man who introduced himself as Kashikoi.

"Hello. I'm Natsuki Tanaka. I'm just looking for work. I'm a hired gaurd. I don't know this area well so I don't know if anyone is looking for someone to hire." She answered his question, stiffling a yawn.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:53 pm

Kashikoi nodded to Natsuki. "You might find people in the area who desire your services. You seem tired though. How about we grab a bite to eat and I'll arrange a place for you stay till you've decided whether or not to stay?" He didn't think that he might be acting a little too friendly with this woman. He didn't have any hidden intentions; it was just his polite side taking hold of him. He was probably being to trusting with her too, but he didn't even think about it. It wasn't unusual for him to stuff like this. It seemed like he failed to remind himself to be more wary a lot.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:59 pm

Natsuki nodded but was surprised at Kashikoi's suggestion. No one had been this nice to her in some of the past villages she had stayed in. She thought it was a nice change and she relaxed a bit. Carefully, she reached down to pat her coin bag and winced. Just as she thought. Nothing. That meant she would be sleeping out under the stars in her tent...again. It also meant no food...again. The pickings had been slim in the past few villages to accompany the rudness. Sighing, she turned to Kashikoi and said,

"I appreciate the offer, but I have no money at the moment. I'll just go find and soft piece of ground and set up my tent. I thank you for your help and kindness, as I have experienced very little of it as of late. Maybe I will see you around." She was a little dissappointed. It would've been nice for her to get to know Kashikoi. She hadn't really ahd anyone to talk to in quite some time now and being on the road a lot was rather lonely.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:03 am

Kashikoi smiled at Natsuki. "Whoever said anything about money? Come on! I'll pay for both. I won't have a guest sleeping out under the stars." Kashikoi's cautiousness was coming back to him. By eating with her, he would get a chance to learn more about her and determine if she was a threat or not. By providing lodging for her, he would not have to worry about her running loose in the streets as much as if she was sleeping in said streets. It probably wasn't particularly safe for her anyway. There were those who might try to hurt a stranger.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:09 am

Natsuki immediately started shaking her head. She couldn't accept that offer. It was too much. She would be indebted to him and she didn't need a reason to stay in one place long, no matter how nice some of the people were.

"I appreciate the offer but I cannot accept that. It's too much and I don't know how long I will be staying. Not to mention I don't know if I would be able to repay you!" She inserted before he could walk off. Natsuki really did appreciate the offer, but she was already indebted to her mother's family for taking her in as a child.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:14 am

Kashikoi wasn't going to let her get away. "No no no I insist. You needn't worry about paying me back. It benefits all of us. So come on!" He was growing tired of all the excuses she was making. Hopefully she was soon realize that she wasn't going to win this battle. Then he realized how sweaty he was. Great! What a wonderful first impression! Covered in icky, stinky sweat. I must look like a mess right now. There wasn't much he could do about it now though so it was best not to worry to much. At least he was being polite.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:33 am

Natsuki sighed. The mizukage was persistant. Then it hit her. This was the mizukage! She had heard him say it but it hadn't truly registered. What was wrong with her? In the end she added it up to sleep deprivation. If Kashikoi wasn't going to take payment from her, she could always offer her services. And he was nice so she figured she could let herself have this indulgence for once. It had been a while since she had eaten real food...or slept on a real bed...or taken a bath. A bath. That was what she really needed. She hoped she didn't reak. Turning back to Kashikoi she realized, also for the first time, that the man wasn't wearing a shirt.

Natsuki suddenly had to fight down a blush. Of course he wasn't currently wearing a shirt. He had just finished training. Fighting her embarrasment, Natsuki said,

"Alright then, I accept. I also offer my services to you." She was proud of herself for saying it without stuttering with her embarrasment.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:51 am

Glad that he had finally managed to get her to agree to doing, Kashikoi then decided that he ought to clean himself up first. "Just wait one minute." Switching himself to his wind element, Kashikoi shot off in the direction of his home. Once there, he leaped into the shower, cleaned himself up, got dressed, and ran back to Natsuki in about three minutes. "Alright. Shall we be off?" he offered her his hand in order to pull her out of the bench. He was wearing his usual brawler jacket, black ripped jeans, and his brass knuckles. He always wore the knuckles; they played a big role in his fighting even though he was far more than capable of fighting without them.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:55 am

Natsuki looked up just in time to see the Mizukage bolt off. Jeeze, he was fast. He had said one minute and he returned in three, clean and with clothes, before extending a hand to help her up. Taking his hand it felt warm in hers. As she stood she said,

"That was three minutes, Kashikoi, not one."
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:01 am

Kashikoi was slightly surprised at her comment, but he couldn't stop a laugh. "My my, aren't we demanding. I'll just have to remember that for next time I offer you dinner and lodging." He paused for a minute before continuing, "Follow me then. We shall have a very nice dinner tonight." He led the way to a very fancy restaurant. Everyone recognized him and he was greeted with the usual respectful bows and such. He hated being the Mizukage. He was not any better than these men and yet they had to show him so much more respect. He pulled out the chair for Natsuki and waited for her to sit.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:12 am

Natsuki was pleased that she got a laught out of the Mizukage. She also knew that his comment was a teasing one. The white haired woman was glad she had met the Mizukage.

As he lead her by her hand, she looked around the village. She still really couldn't see much, but it seemed a little hommier than when she had first arrived. When Kashikoi reached a door and held it for her, Natsuki took her hand back and walked in. Kashikoi took the lead again and she had to fight back the feeling that she shouldn't be there with all the people bowing to the Mizukage.

Finally, they made it to the table and Kashikoi pulled out a chair for her. He was just full of surprises.

"Thank you, Kashikoi. This is really nice." She said politely. Everything was turning out better than she had expected it would. SHe would have a full stomach, a comfortable bed and perhaps even a bath! The prospect of a bath sounded nice to the woman who bathed in hot springs most of the time while she was on the road. This was all a nice change. If she didn't know any better, she could get used to this treatment.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:18 am

After she had sat down, Kashikoi pushed her chair forwards and then moved to his seat. "Its my pleasure." He waited for a waiter to come. The waiter soon arrived, bringing each of them a menu to look at it. "Order what you like. I insist." He would wait for her order before making his. She was certainly an attractive woman and she seemed to be more than capable of caring for herself. Kashikoi likes an independent woman; they all ought to be like they. They didn't need to rely on others to be strong and happy. She was respectful too which seemed to be rare these days. People had come to be so rude.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:48 pm

Natsuki nodded and opened the menu. Everything looked delicious but that could have been in view of the fact that she hadn't eaten in two days. Her mind rifled thew her favorite foods and finally settled on one thing on the menu. Beef Teriyaki & Tempura. Water would be her drink of choice. She set down the menu to look around the fanciest restaurant she had ever been in. The decoration was extravagant and the table clothes were intricately designed with flowers. She sighed happily. And looked to Kashikoi for a lead. Natsuki didn't really know when to order so she sat and waited for the Mizukage to go first.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:55 pm

Kashikoi nodded at Natsuki when she did not order. His nod was an attempt to tell her to order first. The waiter also seemed to be waiting on him. Is he really going to make me order before her? Just because I'm the Mizukage doesn't mean that we need to forget about our manners. "Please, take the lady's order before me." The waiter turned to Natsuki and waited for her to speak. Kashikoi couldn't stop a humorous smiling from brightening his face. The poor waiter just couldn't get it right. Kashikoi would have to fix that.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:11 pm

Natsuki inwardly sighed and turned to the waiting order. She could tell that the waiter was a bit nervous so she gave him a bright smile and said,

"I will take the Beef Teriyaki & Tempura and a glass of water, please." Her voice was cheery before her stomach growled loudly. SHe had been able to silence her mis-behaving stomach before but, now that she was smelling food her stomach wanted it, now. Now she turned to Kashikoi and looked at him intently.

"It's your turn now!" She flashed him a joking smile before setting her menu on top of his so the waiter would have less to grab. It wouldn't do to make the waiter's job any harder than it was. Natsuki knew that wait staff had to deal with the public and she didn't envy them that, even if they had a steady supply of money, unlike her.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:04 pm

Kashikoi smiled at Natsuki's stomach and her comment. He paused for a moment, thinking about what he would like. "I'll have some spicy sushi please...and...I'll have water too." The waiter took their menus and walked off. He soon returned with their waters. Kashikoi sat back in his chair and sighed. "So...where do you come from?" He asked, trying to make conversation. Then he noticed something; she resembled his late wife. His manner suddenly changed. Doing his best to hide it, he waited for her response, but he could feel a deep sadness taking hold of him. He was still in lover with her even though she had been gone for a few years.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:23 pm

Natsuki sighed. She had known that this would come up, really she had. But she had put it at the back of her mind. Thinking of her former home saddened her a bit, even if, through her older years, she had had a nice life.

"Well, both sides of my family come from the Village Hidden in the Leaves. My mother married a farmer after she had gone through training and everything. She taught me a lot in the short time I had her. Both of my parents were killed and then I moved in with my mom's sister and her family. I learned more of being a shinobi until I turned 18. That's when I left. I didn't want to burden them anymore. I still send things to them when I can spare it." Natsuki said, surprised she had given so much information to a virtual stranger. Then again, Kashikoi was the Mizukage. It was ok to talk to him...right?

Natsuki also noticed a slight shift in Kashikoi's mood but chose to ignore it. If he wanted to tell her what was wrong he would. Other than that, she would not push.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:43 pm

Kashikoi listened intently to Natsuki's story. "Had I known that it was not the happiest of stories then I would have not asked you tell me about it. I do sincerely apologize. I suppose that I ought to tell you about myself now. I was born and raised here. I had one older sister whom I was very close too, but she was murdered one day while my parents were away. I...I ought to have saved her, but I was not strong enough. My academy years were fairly normal other than the fact that I trained almost entirely in Taijutsu. There was girl at the academy. We became fast friends and stayed friends until we were in our twenties. We fell in love and were married. Two years later, three years ago...she-she was assassinated. All of this because I was next in line for the Mizukage. They wanted to hurt me." He shook his head, but his manner suddenly changed back to his original happy mood. "But I ought not talk about such things. They are things of the past and that is not a place that I wish to live."

"Anyways...you said that you offer me your services. I thank you for such a generous offer, but I could not accept without giving something in return. We shall see if we can help you out."
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:00 pm

Natsuki had about to say it was no problem for asking her when Kashikoi launched into his tale. It was a saddening story but she was glad to hear about this man's history. He seemed to have just as much on his plate as her, if not more. Then his melancholly mood turned happy and he spoke of her earlier offer. She would not argue because it wasn't going to get her anywhere. Besides, she was starting to like this village, even despite the mist that seemed to hang everwhere.

"I agree, but thank you for sharing your story with me. You did not have to. As for my offer, I think we can work something out." Natsuki replied, shooting Kashikoi a brilliant smile.
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger on Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:14 pm

Kashikoi smiled too, "It was only fair." He was suddenly cut off as the waiter brought them their food. He waited politely for Natsuki to begin eating. There was something about her...he couldn't quite tell what, but it was charming in some way. He just couldn't seem to put his finger on it though. Maybe it would become clearer as time passed.
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami on Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:34 pm

Their conversation was interrupted by food. The scent of the beef started the white haired woman's mouth watering. Her hands clutched her silverware as she contained herself. When Kashikoi didn't start eating, Natsuki took it as a sign to start herself. Grateful for the food, she took a tentative bite, testing the temperature.

When the first forkful hit her tongue it was like a bomb of savory flavors burst all over her tast buds. Who knew not eating for two days would cause such a sensation? Taking another, larger bite, her eyelids fluttered closed for a moment before she realized how silly she must look. Opening her eyes and glancing around she didn't think anyone had seen her. Then She looked back at Kashikoi. What must he think of her?
Ayami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next